Monday, November 17, 2008

Photos to Paintings

'Mardi Gras' by Donna Kay

Having an eye for simple and ordinary things that would move across a canvas can be one of the most difficult things in my business. I just recently picked up the paint brush with my friend Elizabeth's encouragement and began some works of art.





This photo was orginally taken in the fall of 07, at a farm in Northfork, LI...Harbe's Farm, and is titled...










'Window Box' by Donna Kay



Some of these photos were taken on my trip through the north east in fall of 07, and I have tried to depict the brilliance of the landscapes and other sites. The photo below is a blend of two different photos taken in different areas off the coast.

'Stormy Seas' by Donna Kay

~ All photos are owned by artist and are for retail purchase; visit www.dimensionsbydk.com

No comments: